Thursday, February 04, 2010

Green Smoothies


.
.
Last December I was with my family visiting some friends in North Thailand. We arrived very early in the morning by train and were ready for breakfast in his home. Marcus gently enquired of us if we eat fruit in the morning and if we had heard of green smoothies.

We were already adding more and more raw veggies to our diet, but this blew my mind.
He started putting some green leafy vegetables in a blender, ice water, topped with some tropical fruits and stevia and: WOOOOSSSHHH ... a minute later this green mix was served in a nice cocktail glass!


It tasted great. Since then, I have been a bit hooked on these smoothies... so much so that I even blend my lunch salad now.
So much easier to eat and digest! and no need to add seasoning, etc...


Here are some links to some useful info on how to start:

-
-
-
.
.

2 comments:

pat macaluso said...

sounds great!

Financial Ark said...

Pat, you should try it..once you get used to the taste and flavours, it becomes a daily thing and your health gets a boost!
Thanks for leaving a comment!